Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the Standard Response Protocol (SRP)?
Derby Public Schools uses a Standard Response Protocol, SRP. This is a simplified crisis response that helps staff, students, parents and first responders to quickly and adequately respond to crisis situations. More information and a parent reference guide can be found HERE.
How do I make a report on something suspicious or a safety concern? 
The Kansas School Safety Hotline, 1 (877) 626-8203, can be used to anonymously report any potential school violence 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Derby Public Schools also utilizes See Something Say Something which provides anyone the ability to submit anonymous tips through additional methods including a secure website, app or phone number. Click HERE for more information.
Where can I find information about boundaries?
Current Boundary Maps can be viewed HERE Additional information regarding boundaries, transfers and much more can be found under the Parents tab HERE.
What is the Enrollment process?
Information regarding enrollment, boundaries, transfers and much more can be found under the Parents tab HERE.
How do I submit an out-of-district or in-district transfer request?
Transfer information can be found HERE. This information is updated prior to the request acceptance timeframe each year.
What is Skyward and how do I use it?
Skyward is a student information system that allows for posting of student grades and management of their information. Specific questions and help with login questions can be answered in your student's school office. You can sign up for push notifications in Skyward's Family Access. To learn more about this, click HERE.
What is Canvas and how do I use it?
Canvas is a teacher-student-parent learning management system (LMS) used by Derby Public Schools’ teachers to help present class material in an electronic, online format. Find Canvas tips HERE
What is e~Funds and how do I use it?
e~Funds is the Derby Public Schools online system for collecting student fees including breakfast/lunch money, Latchkey fees, etc. Learn more and how to set up e~Funds HERE.
What students receive busing? What is our route?
Students who live 2.5 miles or more from their attendance center and within the Derby Public Schools USD260 school district are eligible for bus transportation to and from school. Find out more about our transportation services HERE.
What services do you provide for kids before and after school?
There are some before and after school services available to Derby Public Schools’ students. Find more information about services that may be available HERE.
How do I apply for Free/Reduced Meals?
Free/Reduced meal applications are available in English and Spanish. Applications are also accepted for the Community Assistance School Lunch Program - a temporary, short-term assistance program. Find applications and more information HERE.
What does the district do in the event of inclement weather?
In the case of inclement weather, Derby Public Schools follows established guidelines for weather-related school cancellation and/or delay. Find detailed information on these guidelines HERE.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.